Flats due in 2011, home buyers in Gurgaon still wait
DELHI NCR , GURGAON: Home buyers in BPTP’s Park Serene in Sector 37D were relieved after the department of town and country planning (DTCP) heeded their long-drawn protests and sent an inspection team to the site of the project, launched in 2008 and scheduled for delivery in 2011.
The inspectors, led by assistant town planner (ATP) R S Batth, came down heavily on BPTP, instructing it to complete facilities such as safety barrier, community centre, landscaping, clubhouse, etc, within 45 days and begin delivering flats at the earliest.
Deputy commissioner T L Satyaprakash had earlier directed DTCP to resolve the issues and ensure early possession. Following this, district town planner Sanjay Kumar formed a team and sent it to inspect the site on Wednesday.
“Our team inspected the site and gave necessary directions to the developer. We’ll see that issue is resolved early,” said Kumar after the inspection. Batth added, “Small issues, like a buyer’s name in allottee letter, transfer of possession, etc, were resolved.”
More than 300 defence personnel, including retired and serving officers, had booked flats in the Sector 37D project in 2008, but have since been waiting to get possession. “Most of us bought flats against bank loans, and have incurred heavy financial loss due to delay in possession, because of the interest we’ve been paying on the loan along with houses rent,” said Group Captain Rajiv Mittal, who has been leading the protests against the builder, adding that most buyers have paid up 95% of the price, including charges for car park, clubhouse, etc, by June 2011.
Lt Col Subhash Chander Bhola (retired) said the delay has caused untold stress to him and his ailing wife. “We might not live to set foot in our dream flat,” said Bhola. “As per the buyer’s agreement, the developer was to hand over the fully habitable flat by end-2011. But, after a delay of over 4 years, they are far from ready,” said Virendra Grover, another buyer.
After Wednesday’s inspection, the ATP said he has directed BPTP to submit status reports on all seven towers in the project, along with a timeline for completion of pending works, by next week. He added the developer has now sought occupation certificates for 4 of 7 towers in the society.
BPTP spokesperson Rohit Mohan said they are ready to give possession in four of seven towers, work on which is almost done. “We had offered possession in July 2015 without occupation certificate, which buyers rejected,” he said, adding they will follow all directions given by DTCP. He said there are over 400 flats in seven towers, of which 250 are ready. Work on remaining units is at an advanced stage of completion, he further added.